The Ned Leary Blog

THAT’S my shot!!!

Mon, Mar 14, 2011 by nedleary | 6 Comments

Whenever you put your photos on line there’s a chance they’ll be ripped off  but I never thought National Geographic would be the one! Surely they have the coin to hire their own photographers…don’t they?

Before I enlist an army of lawyers to pursue my millions in royalty…you be the judge. What think???

(And please disregard the fact that this is the location from which 99% of photographers shoot St. Mary’s lake in Glacier National Park, Montana.)

Their shot

MY SHOT!!!

Am I crazy??? Don’t answer that.

6 responses to “THAT’S my shot!!!”

JASON says:

March 15, 2011 at 4:29 pm

Looks REALLY close, but after a long look at it I notice some subtle differences.
The cloud shapes are off & after using that thing in the middle of the lake as a ref point, it makes the shot look like it from a slightly different angle….assuming thats stationary.
With that said, it may be the same & looks different after cropping.
Either way you should sue them maybe they’ll settle out of court. Thats what everyone else does ;-)

Good shot!

nedleary says:

March 16, 2011 at 10:49 am

Ha Jason! No, it’s not my shot…it’s the same shot everybody gets when they STAND in the SAME place everybody else does. Me, I always prefer to find another spot :)

TonyJ says:

March 16, 2011 at 3:33 pm

I love it! At least you got to see something at Glacier. I was there about 20 years ago loaded with Kodachrome and visions of splendor only to be pelted with rain so hard vibility was a few feet. Camped in the van, rose before dawn and drove up Going to the Sun road hoping to find a break and a sunrise but no go…it was, in fact, closed to through passage due to the weather. I pulled over, cried, then my wife and I turned around and drove nonstop back to our home mountains (the Cascades) where visibility was considerably greater. Someday I’ll return…heck, I need to get my kids out there to see the glaciers before they have to ask me, “why do they call it ‘Glacier’ National Park?”

nedleary says:

March 17, 2011 at 7:46 pm

Good story Tony…happens! We were there right before it closed for the winter…SNOW! cool place…wanna get back there. Went on a GAPW event with Fortney and Kelby.

David Solo says:

March 19, 2011 at 12:55 pm

Yep your crazy…. its a TOTALLY different position. Theirs is from the right of you and slightly higher plus the cloud formations are completely different. They only thing thats obvious is its about the same time of day and season. Plus you knew all that before you posted :-) right ?

nedleary says:

March 19, 2011 at 7:23 pm

Yes David…it’s a JOKE…but it did catch my eye! :)